It's Oscar Time

It is time once again for Oscar to take center stage. The nominations for the 83rd Academy Awards will be announced at 7:30 a.m. (central time) on ABC. Mo'Nique, last year's winner for best supporting actress, will do the honors.
I have been busy seeing as many Oscar hopefuls as possible. While it wasn't a particularly strong year in movies, there are still plenty of films worthy of taking home a little golden statue.
In the past I've only shared my favorite movies of the year and my Oscar predictions, but this year I plan to do much more than that. On top of ranking the best films of the year, I will rank the best performances of the year and I'll even venture into the past and rank the best Best Pictures. I also have plans to write about random movie topics like twist endings and 3D.
This will all lead up to Feb. 27 when the Academy Awards air on ABC with hosts James Franco and Anne Hathaway.
So to get you ready for Tuesday morning, here are the ten movies I predict will get the nod for Best Picture beginning with the favorite, The Social Network. I have ranked them based on likelihood of getting nominated.

















1. The Social Network
2. The King's Speech
3. The Fighter
4. Inception
5. Black Swan
6. Toy Story 3
7. The Kids Are All Right
8. True Grit
9. 127 Hours
10. The Town

Stay tuned for more Oscar coverage.

Comments

  1. That's quite ambitious. I can't wait to read what you have to say :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts